Monday, September 08, 2008

Taking a Vacation

Recently I was looking back through my work logs from the last 8 months.  I'm not sure what prompted it, but I guess maybe I needed to feel like I actually have gotten something accomplished over the course of this year.  What I felt when I was done though was sheer exhaustion.

I realized that, over these last 8 months, I have only had 32 days that I have not been working.  And none of them were in a row.  So, for my birthday, I'm giving myself a vacation.  No computer, no blog, no BlackBerry, on social networking - for 4 whole days. I know, I can hardly believe it myself.  

But, I'm shutting it all down, and just so I'm not tempted, I'm putting my SIM card in an old school cell we have kicking around, and locking the BlackBerry in the glove compartment of Dan's truck.  Just in case I have a moment of weakness.

Of course, to get prepared for a vacation, I must get ahead in work. And so, I've developed a plan to do just that.  If I've calculated correctly, I will be ready to take 4 days off in roughly 2 weeks. And then, the fun starts.  Here's what I have planned:

  • Getting the car inspected.
  • Painting the living room and bathroom.
  • Possibly painting the upstairs and my office.
  • Going through 2 years of Real Simple and Cooking Light to pull out what I want and recycle the rest.
Dan says this doesn't sound like much of a vacation to him, but this is all the crap I never get to do! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it.  Alright, I must go work....I've got a vacation coming up!!


No comments: