Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The High Price of Hannah Montana

www.hannahmontanatickets.net
So, any parent that reads this already knows what I'm talking about. If you are either not familiar with Hannah Montana, or are not a parent with a child that lives, breathes and dies by Hannah Montana, you can find a little bit of background here, here, and finally, here.

We, of course, parent a child that wants to go to the Hannah Montana concert when she comes to nearby Worcester (that's Wo-staaah for those of you not local). However, as the last article I linked you to correctly points out, some tickets are selling for $20,000. What?!? Nope, not a typo. It's true. Sick, isn't it?

However, we in Maine are cheap. We're really just cheap bastards. And primarily our cheapness is directly related to our way-to-high cost of living......I mean, pretty much, we just have no choice but to be cheap. So, a local radio station has come up with a contest for kids to win tickets to the Hannah Montana contest.

They've named it the "Mannah Montana" contest. All the screeching little girls need to do is get their dad, or other father-like figure, to dress up as the queen herself and snap a pic. Locals go to the website and vote for their favorite; he who has the most votes, wins. Now, I was already disturbed by the exorbitant cost of the tickets, but I think, after viewing 136 photo entries with the kid last night, that I'm far more disturbed by what this contest has created. Here are the three I find the most unforgettable.


I truly feel that after this much humiliation, these poor men deserve one of those Budweiser "Real Men of Genius" radio commercials where the guys is singing......."so here's to you Mr. Mannah Montana.....because only you can proudly say 'Yeah, I'm in touch with my feminine side.'"


1 comment:

flawed said...

Hi. # 26 here A.K.A. Tim. I am flattered that I made your list. In my defense, I am not in touch with my feminine side, although it was a blast doing this for my little girl. I thought it was a very funny thing to do.

I must say, one must be comfortable with themselves to do this.

Also, I was wearing my own pants. Made for me. ;)

I was very disappointed with the way the contest was judged. Whoever has the most friends with unlimited text messaging and willing to pad the votes wins. not exactly fair, since, as you pointed out, most Mainers are "cheap bastards," so I didn't have anyone with unlimited texting on my side.

Thank you, sincerely, for choosing me to be in your top 3. I hope you had a good laugh.

I have more if you want to see them all.

here is a link to how I really look:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/jmsheriden/me/05-10-08_1326.jpg