Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Falling off the face of the earth.

A computer virus is a funny thing; it's kind of like a cold, you can tell something is not quite right, but you can't really put your finger on it until you crash and burn.

And so goes the saga of my last few weeks. Yes, my new Mac is fantastic, but all of my work related material is on my PC. So, that kind of put me in a jam. Thank God someone much smarter than me recommended Mozy.com as an offsite back-up service; too bad I failed to notice that something wasn't quite right there either, and I hadn't backed up in the 14 days prior to the great fall.

Alas, the virus won and I ended up with a second new computer. Not necessarily budgeted for, but we needed a second one in the house anyway. Thank heavens Dell's come so cheap now.

Alright, now I've got to get back to work so I can actually pay for the new computers when the bills come rolling in.

No comments: