Monday, November 26, 2007

Holidays + My Family = Sheer Delight

I've often wondered if my grandmother is ever going to get over the fact that myself and my someday spouse are living a life of sin. I found out this weekend, that, clearly, she is not in a forgiving type of mood.

Now, I've talked about this before and I thought that by now, she'd be over it - at least a little bit. But, alas, I was wrong. But never has she been so blatant about it. Imagine my surprise when I walked in to the living room to find a family picture or myself, my ex, and our daughter proudly displayed on her mantle. ha! She really is quite funny.

So, while my grandfather is calling the someday spouse my "husband," my grandmother is trying desperately to point out the fact that we are NOT married. Therefore, he is NOT my husband. Until grampa finally had enough, and for the first time ever, stood up and said, "For God's sake Emaline, that is enough already! Where the hell is the pie?"

I love the holiday's.

No comments: