Friday, February 22, 2008

Geeky Stuff I'm Digging.

With my new career and all, I've had the opportunity to play with some pretty cool websites. So, in case you're in the mood, check them out (and don't comment saying, "well duh, I've been using this for EVER!" Just because I'm not at the top of the tech savvy mountain doesn't mean you have to burst my bubble.....lol....)

Jing :: I was first introduced to Jing via a client. This is great and cute. When it's turned on, it sits like a little sunshine on your desktop; when you want to use it, you click and suddenly these cross-hairs show up. Highlight what you want to take a picture of and viola! Upload it to a website that you can give the URL out to, share it in you IM'r, or save it as a .png file and post it anywhere! Very fun.

Clipmarks :: I cannot tell you how many webpages I have bookmarked because I want two sentences of information that is written there. Half the time, when I finally get back there, the page is long gone. So, in comes "clipmarks," where you can clip just the bits you want and save them to wherever; email them to your friends, add them to your facebook page, or put them in your library. Love it!!! This also happens to be an add-on for Firefox and Internet Explorer both.

Jott :: I think I've gotten more use out of this than anything else. When you set up a Jott account, you can put them on speed dial. Then, you're in traffic and you think, "Oh crap, the kid has a State swim meet 2 hours away next weekend. I forgot to book a hotel room!!" But, since you're driving, you can't (or at least shouldn't) grab a pen and paper and start jotting the note. Instead, hit speed dial, leave yourself a message and then Jott will email it to you or send it via text message so you have a hard copy!!! Now, I know, you could just as easily send yourself a message to your home voice mail, but a lot of you probably don't have home phones anymore......just a thought......

Scrabulous :: Ok, Meg blogged about this one first, but it's addicting. If you like the game Scrabble and you feel like wasting some serious time, go check it out. I am giving you fair warning though, the game gets addicted.

OK, that's all I've got. Check 'em out. Or not. Either way, have a happy Friday!


No comments: