Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Shining Difference Between Men and Women

Is their ability to handle being sick.

Truly. I've never seen anything like it. The boy rarely gets sick. Several weeks ago, I had that damn head cold that's been going around for what seems like ever. Now, just three days ago, the boy got it.

And life has been hell since.

It's not just the sheer bitchiness that is radiating from his pores; it's also the constant whining that's going on.

".....uuuggghhhh.....God......I feel like I'm dying......"
*cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle*......"can you bring me some popsicles.....please????"

And let's not forget the endless hours that his ass has been laying on the couch.

Because I'm such a bitch, I've reminded him that when I was sick for 3 weeks, I never once laid on the couch. No, I still ran the carpool, and made it to the hockey games, and took the kid to swim practice, and cooked dinner, and shoveled the driveway.....oh yes, and worked.
Do I sound bitter?

No comments: