Friday, May 09, 2008

The Return of The Boy Bands

I've spent the majority of my week, laying on the couch, alternating ice packs and heating pads, with a remote and my laptop. Attempting to work on work, but working the trashy t.v. a hell of a lot harder.

So, what's newsworthy from my couch? Not a whole lot. But I did hear an interesting concert announcement today: The Backstreet Boys are coming to New Hampshire.


Now, my initial reaction was to actually laugh out loud, like, "Ha, Ha." Because of course, that Backstreet Boys coming to town is a joke. But no, indeed, it's not. Like, didn't the Backstreet
Boys go out of style when I was in high school? No, wait, that was the New Kids On the Block. The Backstreet Boys were never even popular.

But here they sit, looking quite 2008. Strangely, I want to go to the concert, just to see who shows up.

Ok, I was going to end the post right there, but I decided to go to YouTube to link back to a New Kids on the Block video from back in the day, just for old times sake. Image my WTF face when I discovered this:



Seriously, what the hell is going on? Is this the mid-life crisis of the washed-up boy bands? What's next? Nick Lachey and 98 Degrees? Christ.

No comments: