Monday, July 28, 2008

My Kid Loves Kmart

A while ago, over at Saving with Style, I talked about how Kmart was decidedly, very uncool when I was a kid. Now, my own child, can't wait to go shopping there for school clothes. Here's a recent conversation that happened in the car between her and a friend.

Friend: I'm going back to school shopping with my aunt. She's really rich and I can buy anything I want.

Syd: Yeah, I'm going to a bunch of stores too. Oh my gosh! And guess what?!? I get to go to.....Kmart (with an audible sigh and a wistful look out the window).......

I don't even know how she discovered Kmart. Oh, wait, yes I do. On television. Their new advertising campaign is right up her alley. For me, the silver lining in this strangeness is that, we'll go to L/A (um, yeah, that's local lingo for Lewiston-Auburn....a place almost as cool as Sanford) and I'll hit up Steve and Barry's for a little sample of Bitten.

Now that, my friends, I can barely wait for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

better hurry, Steve and Barry's filed for bankruptcy.