Thursday, August 30, 2007

1 week to go.....

That's right, in just one short week, the kid will go back to school. I think that I am likely more excited than she is - and that means I'm pretty effing psyched. Someone earlier this summer said to me, "I don't know what the big deal is.....I mean, getting to play all day sounds like a lot of fun to me." Really? 'Cause that's not quite how I feel about things. Call me crazy, but I can only hear "MUMMA!!!!????!!!!" so many times in a day before I'm ready to rip my hair out. Oh, and lets not forget that I am quickly approaching "30" and my energy level does not allow me to get up at 7am, cook breakfast, go swimming, take a bike ride, go to the playground, go shopping, go to the library and host a play date all before 3 in the afternoon. It just DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Now, I know that I am delusional to think that on that very 1st wonderfully quiet day home alone, I will get to sit around and do nothing. I'm not a fool and I know that I will likely run around, trying to get stuff done - including a term paper - and end up looking more like the dog chasing its tail than I care to admit. It's a fruitless battle that I can never seem to win. But alas, if I want to try to do the laundry, load the dishwasher, write the 15 page term paper on juvenile sex offenders, figure out how to site it in APA format, and play Betty Crocker while I crank Eminem, at least I can do without background noise.

No comments: