Thursday, March 06, 2008

Breakfast Conversations with The Kid

Sometimes, the exchanges between myself and my child blow my mind. Mostly because I think that I fail to recognize just how grown up she's getting. Here is my most recent conversation with mini-me. It involves the recent wins that Mrs. Clinton has chalked up......

Me :: Hey Syd, did you know that Hilary won Ohio and Texas?
Syd :: Yeah mom, that's old news.
Me :: Oh, well it just happened like two days ago.
Syd :: Uh, yeah, well, I read it in the Times, like, yesterday. It doesn't matter though; Obama is still ahead.

Well holy-freaking-shit. Did my soon-to-be-nine-year-old just say she's reading the New York Times???

A quick glance at the boy confirmed it as he shook his head and said, "yeah, she made me buy a copy yesterday when she saw it on the cover."

I think we may have our own version of "Alex" from Family Ties on our hands. Christ.


No comments: