Monday, February 26, 2007

The Challenge

Each morning, I try to get up at 5ish to workout.....although I do not subject myself to they gym like meg and jen, I do turn on the DVR and do one of the several FitTV workouts that I've recorded. Today though, is the start of the annual Self Challenge which I have half-ass committed to for almost every year since its inception....too bad I have never actually finished it. However, since I am unemployed I figure I really have nothing better to do......plus, if I get in the habit of lazing around, when I do start working again, it's going to be a bitch rolling out of bed. So, today was the start.....and at 6:30, Syd came in my bedroom, poked me and said "Mumma, you forgot to get up and workout."

Jeez, how did that happen? I thought I set the alarm......oh wait, I did, but it's shoved under my pillow.......weird. So I did it. I hauled myself up, did the workout.......became very thirsty and drank a cup of coffee instead of the recommended water.......and now I'm trying to get the kid out of bed to go to school. Later today, there will be a trip to Wild Oats and the new Whole Foods......although I see Wild Oats has Green Mountain coffee on sale BOGO Free!!! Yummy. It will be my first stop.

Anyone out there in bloggysphere want to join me on the 3 month quest to better health? I don't need encouragement like "Eh tiger, win the war on chub!" I need "What do you mean you didn't get up and workout? And then you ate a cookie for breakfast? You are a TOTAL fat-ass!"

Body issues? Me? Nah.......

No comments: