Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Previously, in my life......

I was very "Carrie"-ish in Sex in the City......I didn't dress quite so glam, but I loved the shoes and I was always confused about Mr. Big. Even after I had Syd, I was still doing okay, except I didn't have my very own cool bachelorette pad - I had an apatment strewn with toys. Several years ago, Mr. Big and I decided we would give it a shot - then a few months ago, I finally harnessed him for the long haul. Slowly, Carrie was fading away.

Then, as I sat in my yoga pants knitting the other night, Syd came clomping down the hallway in the last piece of what used to be my life - a pair of black Gucci boots. Yes, that's it. That's all I have left of my previous me......a wonderfully, beautiful, sleek and sexy pair of black Gucci boots. And just like any good Carrie would do, I wore them in the least favorable weather and never cared that they made my feet hurt - afterall, they are Gucci.

So, I kindly asked Syd to put them back and to never touch them again....."they are very important to me and they were very expensive. You can play with anything else in my closet, but please, please pinky swear that you will never play with these again." I begged, I pleaded. Over the weekend, during a sleepover, I get this:

S: Mumma?!?

M: What?

S: Can you come here please? I need to show you something.

I knew, just from the quivering in her voice, it was going to be bad. I never imagined it would look like this. Apparently, there was a pretend rock concert that I didn't get a ticket to. So, as I creep closer to 30, not only am I mourning the loss of my 20's, I'm missing my Gucci too.






No comments: