Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Random Ramblings

Several days ago, I went thru the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru for a bagel and when I opened my bag, lo and behold, my bagel was there....but so was a little container of lite cream cheese AND a plastic knife. Hm. Now, isn't the purpose of the drive-thru ultimate convenience for lazy people like me? And, if you're in the drive-thru, you're in your CAR and aren't you supposed to be focused on driving? Not on cream-cheesing a bagel? Grr...

Moving on to another random subject.....my recently dumped friend has gone on a
fishing expedition - now, I have never actually dabbled in on-line dating, but back when IMing was first hot, I did meet a boy.....his name was Nate and I traveled across the country to meet him; I was 17 and in college and my father was pissed and he lectured me; I wondered if I'd ever have the opportunity to return the favor to anyone. Well, I did - enter, recently dumped friend, stage right. She decided to travel to NH to meet this gentleman; he's a car salesman.....uh, I mean, a high-end car dealership sales manager. I find this title to be kind of like the food ambassadors at Hannaford; it sounds fancy, but at the end of the day, you're still supposed to sell something. Now, besides the fact that he could be an axe-murderer, rapist, robber or any other random act of bad-man, when you have minor children, you just cannot do such things! So, I lectured, laughed, was slightly sarcastic yet witty and good-natured; it didn't matter, she went anyway. At least for safety's sake she emailed me all the info she had about him - although thinking about it now, it wouldn't have done me much good because if she hadn't returned, he would have already had a few days lead on dumping the body. Call me a cynic, I know.

My last ramble for the day, I promise. I'm not sure if any of you have been following
this; but it really is funny. If you're a mom, you should get one.

No comments: