Saturday, April 19, 2008

Grilled Cheese and Bacon Salt

In high school, I had a pretty great boyfriend whose parents introduced me to grilled cheese made with Wonder Bread and Velveeta. Apparently, everyone but me knew about the yummy goodness such a grilled cheese held.

Today, I got to thinking about that grilled cheese and decided to make one. Trying to be slightly health-conscious, I made it with wheat bread and low-fat Velveeta. I've got to say, the original one was much better.

So anyway, it made my Saturday.

The other thing this boyfriend had was a grandfather that made air-popped popcorn drizzled with melted bacon fat and lots of salt. I know, your arteries are clogging right now, and personally, I'm wretching at the thought of it all, but it was some damn good popcorn.

It was a treat I only ate when I visited their house, and since that time, I've thought about that damn good popcorn a lot. But since we don't eat bacon at this house........well, you get the idea. I had thought all hope was lost, until I got a happy little email about Bacon Salt today.

Suddenly, air popped popcorn is sounding pretty damn good again.

No comments: