Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Coming Up Short

For whatever reason, I have lost my funny - at least temporarily. I've been looking for her everywhere, and she must be hiding in the brush pile out back or something because I'm clearly at a loss this week. I mean, really, do I ever have nothing to say? Um, not often.

So, instead, I'll give you a boring rundown of what my life has entailed the last few days.

1. Knitting with a friend at Borders.....which is always fun. Lots of gossipy catch-up, a maple white chocolate latte, and a promise to visit for lunch this week (I'm coming on Friday!!!). She asked if I was going to weigh in on the King Middle School birth control policy, but I've finally decided against it. Not because I don't want to, but because I can't really find anything snarky to say about it; at the end of the day, I think it's probably a pretty good idea given the statistics. **Small disclaimer here: for those of you who don't live in the area, please know that there is way more to the story than the media is portraying**


2. 3 hours of swim meet watching on Saturday afternoon. Since the kid is now a "Polar Bear" she must do such things. It was hot, and sweaty, and thoroughly enjoyable. She did very well, despite being DQ'd on her butterfly and her breaststroke because her arms were not perfectly in sync......my initial thought was "she's 8, cut her a little slack" but then I was like "well, tough luck kid, tell the coach you want more practice on those strokes." And no, I'm not a total crab to my kid, she did very well on the freestyle and backstroke (2nd and 1st place) even though she had a minor mental breakdown 3/4's of the way through her 50.


3. Endless surfing of Facebook and MySpace - truthfully, I should have found some humor here. Well, I did find a little bit, but it's only funny to me because you'd have to know the person for find the humor.

4. The Spaghetti Supper for the school - again, all those parents in one room....you would've thought....but no, it was completely normal.


5. Sunday was a day of rest. Out to breakfast ghetto-style at Denny's, some knitting, endless chatting on the phone with my faraway friend in Germany and the Red Sox!!!

That's it kids. Nothing. Zip, Zero, Zilch. And it's too bad really because I typically am a tiny bit funny. Although, I do find this picture that my friend sent me mildly entertaining; he jokes that this is my future front yard - I think he thinks that all the people in Maine are mildly reminiscent of Joe Dirt. It's hard to see in the picture, but there's a sign in there somewhere that says "Daily Specials" and that sign in the left corner says "No Parking." Not sure how that works out.......




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[p]There are various kinds of [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms[/url] Pandora beads (European Beads) which are produced in different materials . But they are sold in different prices and quality . The distribution of diamond jewelry in [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo jewellery[/url] each element of Europe is as well since the states inside the early a long time . You are able [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]wholesale links of london[/url] to decide your current necklace around your neck plus a new bracelet so that you can enhance obtaining a lot of plastic necklaces, and in addition there are numerous available to choose from . The last step is attaching a short length of extended chain [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london[/url] on a jump ring, which can make the necklace become longer . But they are sold in [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo sale[/url] different prices and quality . Aside from the high quality of the item and dependability of shipping, value is yet another crucial thing to consider while in the online jewellery [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms wholesale
[/url] marketplace.[/p]