Friday, June 20, 2008

Starting Summer Off With A Bang

Well, I just looked at the calendar and realized that it's the first day of summer today. And it's raining and 60 degrees here; huh.

On a happier note, I'm headed out for a girls' night, which likely spells not only trouble, but a great story tomorrow.
The last time I was out with this same group, we managed to get kicked out of a bar that I think probably never kicks anyone out. It was quite an accomplishment.

And the reason? Because my very verbal friend got in a sailor-swearing contest with a woman I believe to be the owner's wife. It's been nearly 3 years since I've tried to get back in there, so if we make a stop at ForePlay, it could get ugly.
That same night, I remember walking what seemed like 10 miles with my friend Sarah who was up from Kittery, just so we could get back to the West End and crash; mind you, the West End is about 10 blocks from the Old Port, but it seemed like a really long way considering my state of mind. And it wouldn't have been so bad, but I was wearing my lovely Gucci boots that look pretty from afar, but when they're on your foot, it's a total effing nightmare.

But we're starting the night at Norm's for dinner at 6:30, a very reasonable hour for old hags like myself. Although the girls' want to make a banger of a night out of it, we know how bad things can get when I put a few drinks in me. Not to mention the fact that 9 o'clock seems to be my bedtime lately.
So, I'll report in tomorrow with all the details. I'm *forgetting* my camera, so there is no actual evidence of anything that goes on......
Oh, and speaking of ridiculous shoes (here my ADD is clearly kicking in.......) check these out.

No comments: