Thursday, March 22, 2007

I try to be nice

So, here's my dilemma.....and yes, this is the 2nd post of the day. Anywho. Several posts back, I mentioned our new neighbors, who have been, to say the very least, challenging to deal with. Now, considering our landlord, I guess this should come as no big surprise to me.

A mother and her 17 year old son, along with her 85 year old father are residing above us. The mother works all day and I'm not really sure what the grandfather does. The 17 year old son stays home......all day. And it's not that he's home, it's that he insists on listening to rap music all day long. Not even cool rap music, it's "fucka, fucka, fucka, bitch!" over and over and over. When he finally does turn it off, he turns on his television and plays video games - he seems to enjoy the race car ones because all I hear is rapid acceleration and crashing......lucky me. Number one, why isn't he in school? And number two, if he's not going to go to school, why doesn't he get a job?

Why not just approach him you ask? Let's see. Probably because I tried that and he couldn't hear me pounding on the damn door. Then I called the landlord and was like "Look, I know you were desperate to rent this vacant apartment and stuff because you've probably got mad fines to pay off, BUT, could you at least have used a little discretion or something???" OK, I didn't say that exactly, but I was thinking it. And I did mention that we've had a really quite building for the last 2 1/2 years and this is just wreaking havoc all over the place. So, the landlord came over and started pounding on the door, but the kid couldn't hear him either! AAGGHH!!!!

Dan told me to just let it go; "we're moving in 8 days" he said. Yeah, too bad for that kid upstairs because that's 8 more days for me to think of ways to torture the damn twit.

No comments: