Thursday, June 28, 2007

What a week!

Aaggh! It's been one of those weeks!! The heat has been unbearable and life has been hectic. Looking at it now, as I blog it, it's almost humorous......that's what I love about the bloggy life...... it can make me see the humor. Here's the rundown of my week:

Sunday: 12-hour shift at girls transitional home filled with horomone raging, angst ridden, teenagers......

Monday: Uneventful......worked on the paper.

Tuesday: Agree to watch my friends child, whom I used to nanny for, while she bartended here. Original plan is for child to spend night, child freaks out, friend decides to pick her up - after work at 2am. Since original sleep-over is clearly not going to work, my kid decides that she wants to have a different friend spend the night. Fine. Three girls play nice, eat lots of Freeze Pops and I work on the paper until wee hours of the a.m........first friend finally gets picked up, while second friend and the kid giggle hysterically about farting......we all go to bed.......second friend freaks out at 3am about missing her mom, who lives right down the street. Get second friend to calm down and am again dozing off and dog freaks out on kid at 3:30......kid is crying, dog is cowering, and I'm up until 4am......

Wednesday: Stay in bed until 9.....I thought I deserved it. Am covering my other friends daycare because she has a wake to go to....have to be there at noon......5pm, get home, get crisis related phone call from daycare parent, try to find friend at wake where, obviously, all cell phones are turned off. Know that I must work on getting paper ready to go, but do not have an ounce of energy in me as I have spent the last 5 hours entertaining 8 screaming children in 90 degree heat......I try to drift off in bed, knowing I have to be back at daycare at 7am......can't sleep......sweating like a whore in church because it's at least 105 degrees in our hobbit house ..........snoring mate in my left ear, a snoring kid on the floor to my right and a dog licking her ass under the bed. Awesome.

Today: Wake up at 6:45......did not hear alarm over 3 buzzing fans......swear......a lot.......drag kid off of floor.....throw in car......get dressed without taking shower because I have no time......feel slightly bad for children I will be with today because I am still sweating from yesterday.......walk outside and realize it is going to be 90 degrees again today.....feel even worse for kids. Daycare morning goes smoothly.....nap time comes......very bad, non-napping kids.....tell noisy children they will loose afternoon outside time......4-year-old calls me a "prick".......hmm.......know that if he were my own, I would soap his mouth.....know that he is not my own so I cannot......wish for a tiny millisecond that he was.....then realize that truly would constitute Hell......know that several of the kids' parents are attending same funeral and reception as my friend......know that they are now drinking at Bruno's.......know that this means they will not be by to pick up their children until exactly 5.....quietly swear at parents, then feel bad because they are mourning and deserve to be drinking at Bruno's.....get home, exhausted, wanting only a shower....... publisher of paper calls to tell me it is still not right......need to get graphic designer - who lives in Serbia - on-line to fix mistakes......know that it is too hot in house to cook and I must figure something out for dinner.....future mate, who is sitting in his nice cool basement "man room" while the rest of us sweat to death, yells up to ask what is for dinner, and I bite my tongue so as not to say "I don't know, what the fuck are you cooking?" Know that would be a bad idea....... instead, decide to question him over the open bag of pretzels that are sitting in the basement by asking "How long have these been open and sitting down here?" Argument ensues......words exchanged, mate actually sticks his tongue out at me like we are in 3rd grade and I slam the door to his "man room." Take shower, call my dad and complain.....about everything.......get on-line, to blog and fix the paper......kid opens door to refrigerator and I realize that, in the midst of everything else, something has died in there and no one has cleaned it out......lucky me.....mate storms to bed......clearly we're still fighting.....i now realize it is 10 and I have to be back at the daycare tomorrow........silently acknowledge that I may not make it........

No comments: