Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why buy white?

As I'm doing laundry today, I find myself questioning, "why buy anything white?" At almost 30, I am seemingly unable to keep even the cutest of cute white things clean. I recently purchased a cute little white sweatshirt from AE.....nice and thin and breezy for the summer season.....upon popping it in the wash today, I see that I have managed to get the smallest little orange spot on it - it almost looks like a spaghetti sauce stain that's been washed and rewashed repeatedly. But I haven't eaten any spaghetti since I bought the damn thing and since I have no idea what it is, I have no idea how to treat it. So, I hosed it down with Spray N Wash and said a few Hail Mary's before I threw it in the washer. This morning, I dumped coffee all down a white tshirt......the Hail Mary's were to make up for all the other words I used when that happened.

Even with the kids wardrobe, I'm dumb. I see these cute little white tops and buy them for her. But why? If you haven't gotten it yet, she is just like me in mind, body and soul. The kid can't stay clean to save her life. You may wonder why I don't just buy bleach, use it, love it. I used to do that, but I gave that up right around the same time Dan moved in; with a landscaper in the house, bleach is really just pointless. By the time there is enough worthwhile whites to bleach in a load of laundry, it's been 6 weeks already and I've forgotten that I own what's sitting in the "desperately seeking bleach" pile.

But I love to wear white!! I goes with almost everything!! What's a girl to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One hyphenated word: tie-dye.