Friday, April 27, 2007

So discouraged.

Although I love Spring and Summer, so, so, so much I get incredibly discouraged when trying to buy clothes this time of year. For example, yesterday, I went to Target after class to pick up something for the kid. Naturally, I swung by the clothes department and found some super cute stuff that I was actually really psyched about. I got it in my basket and headed for the fitting room and everything I tried on just didn't fit right. And we're not even talking about pants.....I'm talking about tshirts. For the longest time, I've been a steadfast medium and suddenly, it doesn't fit anymore??? I haven't gained any weight. I don't think. Are clothes just being made smaller? Anyway, I was so disgusted, especially when I was stuck in there with a bunch of 15-year-olds catwalking it up and down the fitting room aisle in their brand, spanky new bikinis......I considered tripping one of them.

Needless to say, I was bound and determined not to walk out of there with only three packages of Hello Kitty skivvies and a box of mac-n-cheese in my basket. I ended up leaving with a bunch of more sensible, less trendy tshirts that I'm less than in love with, but are probably more 'appropriate for my age' as my mate informed me. Nice.

No comments: