Saturday, April 14, 2007

Where's Spring?

When I was in my tweens, I liked the Where's Waldo puzzles......in fact, in the short stint that I had living here (because I had "that" boyfriend and my mother felt the need to throw me in the car and whisk me away in the dark of night to drop me on my father's doorstep for some "much needed straightening out") I used to do the puzzles with my stepmum to pass the time.....anyway, I digress. But, that's kind of how I'm feeling now, except it's like peeking around random snowbanks to find signs of Spring, like the little buds on our Forsythia bushes. Where the hell is it??? Today, it was super nice......we made a trip to the playground....all was good......I mistakenly thought we might have finally turned the corner. Who was I kidding? I pick up the Portland Press Herald and they're predicting the Apocalypse.......at least this time CMP has been nice enough to give us fair warning that we'll likely be out of power for few days. Of course, Murphy's Law would dictate that I was silly enough to not check the weather before I went to the market and spent $200 on food.......and where on earth am I going to shove a 14 lb turkey for two days while I don't have any refrigerator??? Anyway, to pass the time in this seasonal-limbo, and to distract myself from what I really need to be doing (like finding a place for the damn bird) I've been puttering around in my little workshop that I carved out for myself in the basement to make the kid and her friends these fun little bobble bracelets. Quite Springy if I do say so myself.


No comments: