Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When the lights came on in Portland

Nearly 36 hours after losing our power, and subsequently, my sanity, we are back up and running. And let me tell you, Al Gore be damned, I'm using the washer, dryer AND the microwave, all at the same time. I am so disgusted with our weather as of late......and I'm also wondering if all the ups and downs prior to buying this house was a sign from someone way smarter than us......we seem to live in a neighborhood where more families than not have generators. Now, why could that be do you think? Is it possible that they are used to having no power? Being the inquisitive little chicka that I am, I asked the neighbors.

"Oh, the power? Yeah, we lose it all the time......you'll be sitting out on the back deck and just hear a transformer blow down the street. It's really weird. But, you know, CMP usually fixes it within a few hours or so."

WHAT?!?! Are you kidding me??!! Clearly, this was a little something that the sellers just failed to mention to us.....along with the small lake that seemed to form right outside our back door yesterday. Dan will be a busy boy this summer, what with all the re-grading and drainage pipes he's going to be putting in.

I wonder......Is it too soon to sell our new house?

No comments: