Monday, April 02, 2007

And it didn't get any better.

The last time I had the sanity to post was Tuesday, and if I remember right, our week had already been difficult......unfortunately, it didn't get any better.....here's the breakdown to catch you up:

Wednesday: Little Toyota goes in to shop to have fuel filter changed because that's what my dad said was wrong with it......get phone call from shop, actually needs a tune-up.....total cost: $225.

Thursday: Have Toyota back and she's running like a dream.....it's 8:45, the kid is late for school and we're almost late to pick up the U-Haul......turn corner on to Woodfords street by the church (you know the only part with the hill?)......car stalls and refuses to start up again. Clearly, the tune-up was not the issue.....Dan and I call the shop, then the tow truck and then try to push it up the hill and around the corner while trying to ignore the constant honks of people driving by.....meanwhile, kid is behind the car, trying to be helpful by pushing, but almost getting run over because the car continues to eek backwards.....Dan loses a shoe because he neglected to tie them tightly when we left the apartment and by the time we get the car up the hill and around the corner, we hate everyone, including each other. Argue with the shop about who is paying for the tow (they did) and go to pick up the U-Haul.......get U-Haul half loaded.....go to P/T/S conferences with the kid.....get car back at 3:30 with a new distributor...... get phone call from Lenders Network to say that bank financing our mortgage has backed out due to parent company going belly-up.......not sure if we are going to be able to close on Friday or not......total cost.....$125 + a few Stoli tonics and 1 Tylenol PM to force myself to sleep because I'm so stressed.

Friday: Still not sure if we're actually closing at 3:30 or not, but are told to continue loading U-Haul by both the realtor and the mortgage company.......do scheduled walk-thru at 11 and realize if we don't close at 3:30, I will most likely spend the weekend in P6 because I am truly going to have a mental breakdown......go to closing, find out that Lender's Network is actually putting up 5% of the mortgage to get us closed that day (and we'll refi in a few weeks), scream with exuberant joy and want to throw myself at Janelle (the mortgage girl) but she is pregnant, so I restrain myself so as not to harm the unborn child in all my happiness. We sign our life away and head to the new house. Unload and then go the the apartment to reload and as we are dragging things down the loading ramp of the U-Haul at 11 o'clock at nite, I am certain our new neighbors hate us already......finish unloading at midnight and go to bed......total cost...... $227,000.

Saturday: Parents come down for day and help me unpack and make sense of the chaos....... total cost.....priceless.

Sunday: Dan goes to work, the kid goes to a hockey game and I have the entire day to continue unpacking.......total cost to send the kid away for the day......$20.

It is now Monday morning and I'm listening to the quiet creaks of the house......I love it!!! The kid will go off to school, Dan will go to work and I will be here, working on the house and writing all the articles that I had due over the weekend........pics to follow when I've got this place in order!!

1 comment:

pixiegenne said...

holy crap. congratulations!!!!