Sunday, April 29, 2007

Road Trip

There's something about a trip to IKEA that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, huh? Last Spring, when the kid and I went to visit friends in Germany, she fell in love, both with Europe itself and IKEA; she made me promise that when we bought a house, I would take her there so she could decorate her room.......being such a *good* parent, I couldn't refuse.......never mind, that I'm a fan as well. So yesterday, I loaded up her and her super-good-friend and we made the suicide mission to the great blue palace. Her room now looks like this and her "reading area" looks like this. If only she could have decided on some curtains.......owell, maybe next time. I, on the other hand, picked up these cute vases and a bunch of other stuff including a few rugs and some kitchen stuff, which I love. If the car could have held more, I probably would have bought more......so, 8 hours and $500 later, we made it back, in one piece.

On our ride home though, the girls were talking about 9/11, which was mildly unsettling for me. We have friends serving in the military, and Syd knows why they are doing it, however, it was the first time that she was able to connect the act of 9/11 to the war itself. She and her friend were both too young to know what was going on at the time, yet they know so much about it now and the way they talked about was in such a mature tone - it took me by surprise. Of course, now Syd wants nothing to do with an airplane ever again so our trip to my brothers wedding should be a nice adventure.

Anywho, time to get moving. After a knitting group this morning, and picking up a play date for the kid, it's time to get house stuff done. I just wanted a lazy Sunday damn it!

No comments: