Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cookies and the UPS Man.

So yesterday, as it was pouring rain, I was grocery shopping; one of those massive trips that sometimes happens because I put it off until there is literally one brown banana on the counter and some chunky 1/2 & 1/2 in the fridge. We've all done it - at least I hope so. I hate to think that I'm the only one so terribly neglecting my own familys nutritional needs...... anyway, it was gross out and by the time I got home, I was in a crumpity mood.....very Ms. McCrankity. So, to cheer myself up, I decided I would bake some cookies....to try to turn the tide from McCrankity to Betty........Crocker that is.

As I'm baking, a beautiful sight arrived at my door, in the form of the UPS man; and I have to ask - have any of you EVER seen a UPS man that is not attractive? What is it about that big brown truck and that uniform? I don't even really care for the color brown, but when one of those guys is sporting it, I'm all for it.....I think I actually pranced to the door in my little pink retro flower-power apron I've got.......the package wasn't even for me, it was for the kid, but at that point, I didn't even care. I'm going to Michigan for a wedding in a few weeks and one of my very dear friends recently married a UPS guy......I'm very much looking forward to meeting him Rae......I promise, I'll try to contain myself.......

No comments: