Friday, May 25, 2007

Wedding Eve

Well, we made it all the way here.....963 loooonnnngggg miles. But we did it. And we've been here for less than 2 full days, and already, I'm ready to pack 'er in and head home. Gas is $3.60 a gallon here, most likely because it seems that everyone drives an SUV. No kidding, when we stopped at the gas station, there were 15 vehicles there, including our car. The other 14 were either trucks or SUV's......and they wonder why they are considered a "high demand" area. Hmph. In addition to the outrageous gas prices, my mother is driving me absolutely crazy.......she's been bitching about the mother of the bride non-stop and every time I talk about going to visit my friends, she gives me this guilt trip, which pisses me off. Then last night, she was mad because the bridesmaids bought matching teal dresses and spent a bunch of time telling the kid that she was going to look out of place in her pink flower girl dress. So, now the kid wants a new flower girl dress. Aagh!

Anyway, sorry for the vent, but I can't help it. The TV is on constantly, and very loud.....did I mention it's also 65"? Who needs a television that is that large??? That's what it is out here though......who can have the most stuff? My mother's husband is a drunk truck-driver, and now he's around too and the conversations consist of him rambling while she yells and screams at him. I want my regular life back!!

2 comments:

GB said...

Perhaps instead of thinking of the situation as only aggravating, think of it also as fodder for the blog and/or the future columns.

Anonymous said...

Hey, if I lived in a place where the chicks lay better I know I'd have me a full size vehicle, gas prices be damned. And I'm hoping she sticks with the pink dress - who would purposely *want* to look like a bridesmaid?