Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy Monday

I think. Is it Monday? Yes, it's definitely Monday.

How quickly time flies when you're having fun! So, we made it through the wedding this weekend and although it was cold and raining, the ceremony was beautiful. And my friend looked stunning - and I would expect nothing less of her. But it was one of those weird, sort of awkward situations where we haven't really talked much in the last year so I felt a little strange being at the wedding.....if that makes sense.

Sunday meant a drive to see the parents way up north.....I got a super yummy belated birthday cake from my sister, who I swear will be famous for her baking skills one day, and a zucchini from my grandparents that is, no doubt, the size of a small child. I will have to post a picture of it tomorrow. My step-mum told me to put it in the food processor and grate it up for bread, but shredding it seems somehow very, very wrong. You'll see what I mean when I post the picture tomorrow.

Oh, and one last thing before I close. A few days ago, Melissa mentioned this, and after looking at the Duggar's website, I really just can't get this off of my mind. SEVENTEEN Children. S-E-V-E-N-T-E-E-N. How exactly does anyone think that this is alright? And let's not forget to mention that dad's name is Jim Bob and they live in Arkansas. Yep, it's true. They have their own orchestra and their house is the size of a small town. If you get a chance, take a look at the photo gallery, it's great. Oh, and they've been kind enough to publish their daily routine.....maybe we should try J-O-Y at our house.....Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last....I'm sure that'd be big with the kid. And now, while Jim Bob's busy being a spiritual leader and home-schooling teacher to his 17 children, God is going to strike me dead for making fun of them.

No comments: