Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Walkin' Down Memory Lane......

Do you ever have those times when something happens and it triggers and old, seemingly random memory? The kid and I were discussing what I did, "when I was a kid" in which she was asking questions like, "have you ever been arrested?" and "did you ever skip school?" I can say that certainly the latter is in my history, but alas, I have never been arrested. Although, there was that one time......but anyway, then we got to talking about stuff like, when she's 15, will I let her go to football games with her friends and stuff. For one, she was freaking me out with all the random grown-up-ness, but on the other hand, it made me want to come home and dig through my old stuff to look at pictures from my high school days......I was so distracted in my thoughts, that I almost passed a stopped school bus!!! Agh!!! And THAT my friends, was what brought the real flashback.

When I was in high school, I had a boyfriend that lived in a different town. Our senior year, I only had classes in the morning so I would go to his house in the afternoon sometimes, before tennis practice. Anyway, I was late one day and was flying to get there on time, because I knew I was in deep doo-doo. I passed a stopped school bus and when the bus driver honked at me, I actually flipped him off. I remember looking in the rear view mirror the entire drive, worried that I was going to get arrested. Given the work that I do now, I cannot believe that I was ever so careless.

So, I basically spent the entire day, thinking about that day, and getting little else done. So much for productivity.

No comments: